You will find a full season schedule on the LYSO Member's page. Please refer to the schedule often. Mark all dates on your calendar, and be sure that your parents are aware of all these dates as well.
What to bring to all rehearsals
- Your instrument with all its proper accessories (mutes, reeds, rock stops, etc.) Think ahead remember to bring your instrument home from school on Friday!
- Your own music and pencil with eraser – do not rely on your stand partner.
- All string players should have an extra set of strings in their instrument case.
- All woodwind players should have extra reeds in their instrument case.
- Come to rehearsals musically prepared. Know your music.
Use of rehearsal facilities
- No food, gum, or drinks in rehearsal or sectional rooms at any time.
- All members need to pick up trash and help put chairs and music stands back so that all rooms are left in the proper order.
- DO NOT wander through the building before or after rehearsals or on break. Areas for LYSO use are rehearsal rooms, sectional rooms, break area and restrooms.
- You are responsible for keeping your instrument and other belongings safe during a rehearsal. LYSO is not responsible for damage or theft of your instruments or other belongings. Please do not leave instruments unattended or lying on chairs where they can be knocked off and damaged.
- Be in your chair, warmed up, tuned and ready for the first downbeat at starting time.
- When the conductor stops for a correction, cease playing immediately and pay attention to what is being said.
- Give your full attention to the conductor. No talking or disruptive behavior while the conductor is on the podium. Social conversation should be limited to breaks and after rehearsal.
- Parents, families, music teachers and friends are welcome to visit any of the rehearsals EXCEPT dress rehearsals, which are closed to all. They are not allowed to interact with players or conductors during rehearsal, and will be asked to leave if they cause disruptions.
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS ARE PROHIBITED BY LYSO AND WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL. ALL MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN INSIDE THE BUILDING DURING REHEARSALS AND BREAKS.